Sunday, January 7, 2007

End of an Era

The hotel I have been working for the past 5 years is changing. It is becoming somewhat of a trendier, more upscale type of hotel. That doesn't sound so bad, but if you ask anybody who's ever worked here, stayed here, or just walked in here you would be met with a "What? Why?" and an incredulous look on their face.

As I walk around this shell of a hotel it once was, I am sad, so many memories have been made in my time here, and I don't want to forget them. I start to think about all the crazy things that have happened, and I realize that I can not keep them to myself. Since my college days I have worked in some type of hotel or another and regardless if it's a off-the-highway motel or an urban boutique hotel the guests are always going to provide some sort of entertainment.

(Crap. My new GM just introduced himself to me. Did he notice me minimize this window just now? Ah well.)

Although I think my hotel career is near an end, I still have plenty of friends in the business and I know between my old experiences and their new ones I will definitely have some material to share.

Why is it an end of an era then? Well, at some point or another my 2 best friends and my boyfriend have worked at the place I'm currently at. It's where we all met and where "it" all began as far as my adult life is concerned. One friend was fired, one was promoted and moved away, and the boyfriend was, well, also fired. But that's not the point. I am the last one left!

So if you want to hear about bitch managers, stupid/impatient/rude guests, psycho employees, and celebrities read on...

No comments: